The Shield 1 TL-1 Water Filled Barrier is an approved and compliant redirective “Road Rated” barrier system for temporary use on roads. Meeting the evaluation criteria of MASH Test Level 1 (TL-1) the Shield 1 barrier system comprises of the Longitudinal A5295 Orange Barrier and the A5296 Yellow Terminal End Treatment.
The Shield 1 is the perfect solution whereby a temporary barrier is required to protect pedestrians and temporary work zones from traffic flow. This water filled temporary barrier is designed to safely contain and redirect errant vehicles travelling up to 50km/h with an impacting angle of up to 25 degrees. The unique UV stabilized polyethylene and patented composite design and steel pin connector allow the barrier to be installed straight or curved to a radius of 28.6m if required, 8 degree per join.
- Tested and Approved to MASH Test Level 1 (TL-1)
- Suitable for impact speeds up to 50km/h (eg. 40km/h posted speed in work zones)
- Ideal for roadside and median applications.
- Accepted for use by Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP) and approved by various Road Agencies including Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia.
- Dimensions: 2000(L) x 920(H) x 600(W)mm (Overall Length 2200mm)
- Weight Full: 611kg. Weight Empty: 81kg
- Capacity: 560 litres of water
- Minimum Length of Need: 44 meters. (Not including End Terminals)
- Barrier run must have a minimum of 22 x A5295 Orange Barriers and 4 x A5296 Yellow Barriers to be compliant.
- Includes steel connecting pin allowing barrier sections to be locked together.
- *Bulky Item. Shipping charges apply.