Ergonomic Hazards can exist in most industries, as a result of various activities and causes, including:
- Repetitive Movements,
- Manual handling (pushing, pulling, carrying or lifting etc.),
- Workplace design,
- Job or task design,
- Uncomfortable heights,
- Poor position of the body.
Providing ergonomics such as kneeling pads, back support, knee support, wraps and sleeves is an important part of a PCBU's workplace health and safety responsibility. At Bronson Safety we provide a range of high-quality ergonomics that aim to reduce musculoskeletal injuries resulting from hazardous manual tasks.
It is recommended that in addition to providing physical ergonomic supports, a company may consider implementing any of the following changes:
- Modify existing equipment.
- Make changes in work practices.
- Purchase new tools or devices to assist with hazardous processes.
- Eliminate unnecessary movements.
- Reduce physical demand.