A Wheel Stop is commonly required to:
- Prevent vehicles from overhanging onto a kerb or pedestrian footpath, as this is considered a hazard.
- Protect a company’s property by inhibiting contact with an end barrier, high kerb or wall.
- Protect customers’ property by inhibiting encroachment into an opposing parking space or vehicle.
The use of a Wheel Stop should be avoided when:
- It is likely to block or obstruct the path of pedestrians when moving to and from their vehicles.
- Pedestrians are likely to be crossing the area for any other foreseen purpose