BRONSON TAKES SUMMER SERIOUSLY.
All the tips and tricks your business needs to tackle the Aussie Summer Sun and keep every staff member safe and comfortable.
Summer In Australia
Living in Australia, we understand that it can get HOT! Not only outside in the direct sun, but also in shaded or undercover areas equipped with hot machinery or improper ventilation.
Excessive heat in any workplace is considered a genuine Health and Safety hazard. It is the responsibility of the PCBU (Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking) to understand the risks present in their workplace and to take every reasonable precaution to minimise these risks.
The below industries are likely to face the effects of Summer temperatures over the coming months and are recommended to begin investing in quality heat safety products and procedures now.
Industries Affected by Heat in Australia
Managing The Risks This Summer
There are lots of methods to help manage the risks associated with heat exposure in the workplace. Over-heated working conditions can result in numerous adverse health effects for workers, including low to high discomfort, serious illnesses and, in certain cases, fatalities.
Here are our top 3 risk management strategies:
Easy access to shade is an extremely important tool to help manage heat stress, and improve productivity. Shade can be created in the form of tent structures (as pictured above), or by trees and buildings etc. If providing continuous shade is not a possibility, then offering staff regular water and rest breaks in a cool, shaded area is the next best option.
At Bronson Safety, we stock a range of quality hydration alternatives, perfect for any workplace. Our range helps to combat dehydration in the workplace - it is free from caffeine & low in sugar and sodium. In addition, we also stock various cooler options, to help keep staff hydrated with cooled water or other beverages for longer.
Wear Cooling PPE
As with any work environment, it is important that all staff dress appropriately for the take. We recommend providing light, loose-fitting workwear, that is UV resistant and breathable in Summery conditions. Our range of Summer gear, including chilled vests and cooling bandanas, offers additional heat protection and relief for staff.
The continued hydration of your team is important to us!
Spend $100 or more on any product/s in the Hydration & Cooling range to receive a FREE 500ml Sqwincher Concentrate*, shipped free of charge with your purchase.
View the full range of Hydration & Cooling products by clicking below.
*Ts&Cs apply, click here to view.
Signs & Symptoms of Heat Related Illness
It is well known that working in heat can be hazardous.
Whether directly exposed to the sun or working simply in a hot or humid space, workers may experience any of the following effects:
- Heat rash - Skin can become irritated and cause discomfort when working in the heat.
- Heat cramps - Muscles can cramp as a result of heavy sweating without replacing salt and electrolytes.
- Fainting - Can occur when workers stand or rise from a sitting position.
- Dehydration - Increased sweating can lead to dehydration if workers aren’t drinking enough water.
- Heat exhaustion - Can occur when the body is working too hard to stay cool.
- Heatstroke - May occur when the body can no longer cool itself. This can be fatal, especially when symptoms are not treated early on.
- Burns - Can occur if a worker comes into contact with hot surfaces or tools.
- Slips - A worker will sweat more in hot conditions which can increase the risk of slips. For example, a worker might slip when using sharp tools if their hands are damp.
- Reduced Concentration - When working in heat it is more difficult to concentrate and a worker may become confused. This means workers may be more likely to make mistakes, such as forgetting to guard machinery.
- Diminished Productivity - Increased temperatures are known to reduce staff productivity in the workplace, and also increase absenteeism.
- Increased side-effects of Medications - Heat can cause the body to absorb chemicals differently, increasing the uptake of certain chemicals into the body and thereby increasing the side effects of certain medications.
Investing in high-quality heat safety equipment is a fantastic preventative measure for these heat-related illnesses. If any of the above points are not familiar, we recommend seeking further information online or consulting a professional, to ensure your company is adequately prepared for Summer.
Sqwincher Promo - Terms & Conditions
How to get your FREE SQWINCHER Concentrate?
- To redeem your free 500ml Sqwincher product, a customer must spend a minimum of $100 on one or more products from the Hydration & Cooling range.
- This $100 spend excludes GST and freight charges.
- This deal cannot be used in conjunction with any other deals or promotions, including Hot Deals and/or the Free Coles Myer Gift Cards.
- The addition of this free gift must be specified at the time of purchase or immediately thereafter to redeem it.
- Sqwincher concentrate comes in a range of flavours. Flavour will be chosen at random with each purchase based on stock availability.
This promotion is valid until the 1st of December.